How copy note always into same database - NOT global Inbox

How to do this:

When taking a (plain or) rich note (⌘ ⇧ 9) from somewhere, I’d like this note by default to land in the INBOX of one and the same database (of my 3 databases), without using the sorter (at least not manually) - and not into the global Inbox.

I know the most extreme solution would be to get rid of the other 2 databases… or maybe to passivise them somehow (?).

What would be the best solution for this?

/

with best regards,
Omar K N
Stockholm, Sweden

One possibility is to choose the option Preferences > Import > Destination > Select group. Another possibility is to use a smart rule to automatically move notes from the global inbox to the desired database.

Hi and good day, @cgrunenberg

If I set
Preferences > Import > Destination > Select group
or if I set
Preferences > Import > Destination > Inbox os current db

= results are the same = global Inbox.

Apart from this, I’d very much like to use some

Folder Action
or else
i.o. to move a (newly added) file from the global inbox into a dedicated db inbox.

(= AppleScripts? - I don’t find a move-to-script),

or any

smart rules in DEVONthink to move files around.

I can see ”smart groups”, but no smart rules.

Hazel is a possibility,
but preferably if there is an AppleScript for DT?

/

with best regards,
Omar K Neusser
Stockholm, Sweden

In this case the group selector should appear after taking a plain/rich note and you can choose the desired destination.

Which version do you use? Smart rules require the new DEVONthink 3 but neither AppleScript nor Hazel are necessary.

In this case the group selector should appear after taking a plain/rich note and you can choose the desired destination.

This does work ok now!

Which version do you use?

I’m still on DEVONthink 2.8

/okn

The latest version of DEVONthink 2 is 2.11.3 (see DEVONtechnologies | Legacy Versions)

Sorry, I actually do have DEVONthink Pro 2.11.3;
Using import to:
Inbox of current database = ok for now,

and until I’m not tempted by What’s New with DT3.

/ okn