How do I revert back to Beta 1?

Hi!

Devoted but not very sophisticated Devon Pro think user here. I have already purchased the 2.0 upgrade because I already knew I was going to get it. Anyway, before I realized, I had upgradeded to pb2, which has the OCR disabled. I have a stack of paperwork I need to get into my database today, so I need the ocr working. How can I revert back to the PB1? I can’t find it available anywhere for download.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dale

It’s not possible to revert to pb1.

However, you can continue to use your scanner software to convert paper copy to PDF. The resulting image-only PDFs may be saved in the Finder and later imported to a DTPO2 database using the command, File > Import > Images (with OCR) when DTPO2 public beta 3 is released.

Alternatively, you can import the image-only PDFs into your database. Later, under DTPO2 pb3, they can be converted to searchable PDFs using the command, Data > Convert > to searchable PDF.

OK. thanks for the quick reply, Bill.

Yes, it is possible to convert to Beta 1. Just adjust your MacOS clock so it displays a date before January 31. Your beta 1 will run again.