How do I script a thumbnail?

Sorry, about the ignorance, but I have tried “create thumbnail” to no avail. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I’m using the capture web archive script found on another post, but I want to add a thumbnail to the web archive record.

Anyone out there that can help, please?

BiGilando,

adding a thumbnail to a web archive is currently impossible - only DT Pro can do this on its own right now.

Man, you made me look to find out whether I was on DT forums. I know that only DT Pro can do this (but how??), I own DT Pro, hence my question.

Ok let’s try another approach, I’m using a modified script of the following (posted on this forum):

tell application "DEVONthink Pro" 
   with timeout of 30 seconds 
      set theRecord to create record with {name:"Temporary Link", type:nexus, URL:"http://www.apple.com"}
      set theWindow to open window for record theRecord 

repeat while loading of theWindow 
         delay 1 
      end repeat 

set theURL to URL of theWindow 
      set theSource to source of theWindow 
      set theName to get title of theSource 
      set theData to web archive of theWindow 
      set theArchive to create record with {name:theName, type:html, URL:theURL} 
      set data of theArchive to theData 

delete record theRecord -- Closes window 
   end timeout 
end tell

Now the question is: How do I modify the code above so that DevonThink Pro 1.0.2 adds a thumbnail to the web archive it just created?

What I meant is that DT Pro can do it internally but that this is not (yet) scriptable.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I hope that “create thumbnail” works with Web Archives in the future.