how to add comments to group

good morning.
somewhere in the forum i read about adding tags/comments not only to a single entry but to all entries of a group. how do i do that? do i need a script for that? and where will i find one?
thanks.

(i’m going to ”restructure“ my database and before i make a mess out of it, i will better tag my files.)

The next release will include the possibility to edit the comments of multiple selected items via the Info panel.

should be really mighty stuff, that next release. wherever i browse through the threads i read about the promises of that glorious next release.

but i have to admit, i left my teenage years definitely behind. do i really have the chance to see it running on my mac? :wink:

Soon. Really soon :slight_smile:

fine. does that mean, i better stop adding comments by hand to every single file in my database?

but i want to finish that clutter on my dtp really »zeitnah« :laughing:

Probably this depends on your schedule and how urgent this task is.

i like that statements people can rely on. great.

hi, christian.
you really made me wait 1 1/2 days.
not a long time for creating a new release :smiley:

What if I want to edit the comment of multiple files which already have comments that are each unique? For example, I have file fileA with the comment commentA and fileB with the comment commentB. I want to edit the comments of both files to commentC. How do I do that?

You have either to remove the comments first or to enter the comments for each item (e.g. via copy & paste). But removing the comments can be automated by a script, afterwards you can enter the new comments for all selected items.

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2"
	try
		set these_items to the selection
		if these_items is {} then error "No selection."
		repeat with this_item in these_items
			set the comment of this_item to ""
		end repeat
	on error error_message number error_number
		if the error_number is not -128 then display alert "DEVONthink Pro" message error_message as warning
	end try
end tell

WARNING: This can’t be undone.