How to Clone a Database Safely

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, and the Tuesday Tip which fits my needs exactly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like I’m getting here just in time to ask the most ignorant question yet, but here goes anyway: what is a “Tuesday tip” and where can I find it/them? Thanks!

:flushed:
???

Also, accessible in DEVONthink’s View > Extras sidebar.
And we’ve been writing these for years :smiley:

Note that searching for “Tuesday Tips” in the blog’s own search bar gives only some results, and nothing more recent than July 2023. Meanwhile, blog entries are tagged simply “Tips.” There also doesn’t seem to be much overlap between the “Tuesday Tips” search results and the “Tips” tagged items.

If you’re going to call them Tuesday Tips, people looking for that “section” should be able to find it.

I get how frustrating it can be to create content and such and people don’t know about or realize. But that is a very common problem in companies. In fact, it’s one of those problems I help fix when I’m working in marketing. And while I might not be the typical user (I don’t really know), I’ve been using DEVONthink day in and day out now since around 2016 and only just now learned that panel was even there. As I type that, I think I may have accessed it once before, but it still looks brand new to my eyes.

If I go to the main DEVONtechnologies page and click the support menu, I can find the tips under “Learning”, but I don’t have any inkling from that page they’re accessible in the software. And when I look at the “Help” menu in the software, I now see those appear to be what’s listed under “Tutorials” but nowhere do I learn those are available so easily in the software. It’s a little ironic that DEVONthink itself is a deep-linking tag-crunching monster of an organizational tool, but it can be hard to find things like that under a single term unless you already know where they are.

1 Like

Agree completely. Some room for improvement here.