How to I set standard view?

I’ve been playing around and setting/re-setting various options and apparently I’ve changed what the standard view is when I show the DT window.

Before my “playtime” I always had the “standard preview” when I opened a DT window, but now I always have “none”. So I’ve changed something, somewhere but I can’t find out where I managed to change this. Can anyone tell me where I can set DT to always show “standard preview” as default.

There’s actually no standard view or preview or sorting option. Each (smart) group or feed can use different settings (if the option to retain the view is disabled in preferences). By default the settings of the enclosing group are used.

A screenshot of the current setup and of the desired setup would be useful, thanks.

Of course, everything works expected now. It hasn’t been working as I wanted for the last couple of days, but now it does … had I known that all I needed to do was to write a message here, I would have done it a couple of days ago :yum:.

Perhaps I’ve managed to change the view for the all groups now … for now it works and now that I understand how it’s supposed to work I might be able to fix it if it happens again. Thanks.

But not in the trash. I don’t know - I am spending considerable time for each folder setting up the same selection of columns and arrangement. It’s very annoying. Plus, I’m too stupid to remove the “name” column (I’m filing mostly emails, and I’d rather use the subject which contains the same content for me as the name, but at least it doesn’t have this ridiculous strike-through font that I can’t get rid of).

The strikethrough isn’t ridiculous and can’t be removed manually. It indicates it’s the only instance of that item, i.e., no replicants outside the trash.

1 Like

Why not leave such User Interface / Appearance choices, well, to the User. I’m having now two columns: “Subject” which fortunately doesn’t “strike through”, and “Name”, which I’m making as narrow as possible as i don’t need to see it, but also can’t remove it.

Why not allow the user to create a default view and then re-use it for all folders if he so chooses. Doesn’t sound too logical to let the user spend 10 minutes per folder to maintain a sort of consistent view across all folders.

Instead of “strike-through” - which basically removes all readability of the “name” anyway, at least a choice might be some different color. Duplicates are “blue” if so chosen, so why not then make those at risk of being finally deleted “red”? At least they’d be legible.

The strikethrough has been in place for quite some time and met the approval of our userbase as a useful visual indicator. We haven’t had any other complaints about it that I can recall.

2 Likes