How to import from Evernote

I am new to Devonthink and have not previously used scripting in the Mac OS. However I am usually pretty IT savvy. Nevertheless I am utterly frustrated in trying to use scripts in Devonthink. In particular I want to use the Evernote enex import. The script comes in the standard install but I just don’t know how to use it. I have done the following:

Exported Evernote notes into an .enex file
Clicked on the Evernote Import script in the Devonthink scripts menu

Nothing happens and I don’t know how to diagnose the reason. I have searched for help but can find nothing that helps me. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate their help.

Cheers
Martin Fuggle

… removed suggestion; suggested external script not working today 20130310

Thanks for your help - I thought I was going mad. Actually I started with the Veritrope Evernote to Devonthink Exporter and I had the same issue - it did nothing. I tried to run it from within the Applescript Editor and I also loaded it into the Devonthink scripts folder and tried to run it from there and each time nothing happened.

That’s when I tried the enex importer. I realise I can import stuff one by one and it may take me less time than trying to automate the process (even though I have quite a few notes in Evernote).

Maybe I am missing something basic in trying to run Justin’s script but if so I am not sure what it might be.

Regards
Martin Fuggle

Put it into the global scripts folder.

Still no joy. I must be doing something really stupid but I cannot see what it is.

Cheers
Martin Fuggle

You’re right. Suggestion withdrawn.

There is a new version 1.72 of Justin’s script that fixed the problem (at least for me) and it now works as expected

True … just tested it over here and 1.72 is working as expected (i.e., well).

That’s good - I can also confirm that it now functions correctly, just after I have moved 400+ notes manually! However I was able to import the final 22 notes from Evernote.

Cheers
Martin Fuggle

Hi folks,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask (perhaps I should post this on the site for the script creator) but I’ve just started using DevonThink Personal. I like what I see so far and I’d like to import my 4,000 or so Evernote notes into DevonThink. Should this script still work for the Personal version or will the import script only work with the pro version?

Thanks,

Mark

See devontechnologies.com/produc … rison.html

Can you tell me where I can find this 1.72 and how I download it and get it into DTPO?

Thanks!
Martin

veritrope.com/code/evernote-to-d … -exporter/

Thanks, rolian, I appreciate it!

Martin