How to move large folders to another database

I am able to move most folders to a new database using the ctrl-click -> move to tool. However, for one large folder (with many subfolders), when I do this, nothing happens. There is no movement, no notification, and no hanging. I want to move the entire folder structure (as opposed to moving one subfolder at a time) so that I can preserve replicants across subfolders in the new database. Is there another way to move large folders?

I am basically trying to split one large entangled database into two.

You should check Window > Log for errors. Also, I tend to advocate using File > Export > Files and Folders to a newly created folder on your Desktop. Then use File > Import > Files & Folders on the contents of that folder. But again, check for errors first.

Pending files are ones without content.
Do a toolbar search for item:pending and select the problematic database in the scope bar.
Select the resulting files and choose File > Download Pending Files. This is of course assuming the contents are available to download from the active sync location.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try that. Deleted the other post because I realized had not tried the export/import yet. Will test these out.

Sounds good. :+1:t2: