How to open PDFs in preview in one window?

I have a setting in preview preferences → Images → when opening files: open all files in one window.

But when I use Command-Shift-O to open PDFs with DEVONthink, it seems that this setting is omitted and my PDFs are opened in separate windows.

Is there any fix? Thanks!
(DEVONthink version: 3.6.3 Standard edition)

It seems like you equal Preview’s image preferences with its PDF capabilities. I don’t think that Preview can do what you want, so DEVON might be the wrong place to search for a fix.

Thanks for your reply.
It is image preferences but works for PDFs. If I open PDF files from Finder.app then all PDF files are displayed in one tabbed window.
However it does not work when I open files from DEVONthink.

Thanks, I didn’t know that. That’s some weird behavior/setting in Preview :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

In any case, I just tried with that image setting enabled and DEVON PDF files do open in tabs for me when opened externally in Preview.

Other than maybe restarting all involved apps or the Mac, or toggling that setting in Preview off and on again, I can’t think of anything.

Are you using Catalina? I tested it on Big Sur.

Thanks for you reply.
I’m using Macbook Air M1 on Big Sur.
If the setting works for you then I have reset everything in my system and re-test if it is working…