how to resize pictures automatically

In older version of DEVONThink, when I create a two-column table in a rich text and D&D a picture into the 1st column, the picture size is automatically resized and adjust to the column width.

In the newer versin of DEVONThink, all pictures in the tebles are displayed in the original file. The width of the column is ignored.

How can I fit picture size to column width again?

Select the document and choose View > Zoom to Width.

Bill, View > Zoom to Width is greyed out in the case that @apj describes – an RTF document with an image drag-dropped into a cell in a table. Have you had a chance to try to reproduce the OP’s problem?

I can not resize because “Zoom to Width” is inactive.

I describe how to make my document again.

(1)create a rich text file.
(2)create a two-column table in the rich text file.
(the table width equals the width of the rtf file. Column width is half of the table width.)
(3)D&D a large picture file(.PICT or PNG) into the first column of the table.

In the older version of Debonthink, the picture size is resized to fit to the column width automatically.
But in the newer version, the picture size is same as original. This is my problem.

I received an answer from support team.

1. Quit DEVONthink.
  2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
  3. Paste this into the window: *defaults write com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2
    ShouldScaleAttachedImages YES *and press Return.
  4. Type *exit *and press *Return.
  5. Relaunch DEVONthink.

It is sufficient answer for my problem.

1 Like

apj, this is fantastic, thanks! I wonder why there isn’t an option for this in the Devonthink Preferences.

Because the Preferences are already overloaded with options, enough that people would likely miss it.

:smiley: I am evaluating Devon Think. This post was very helpful - thank you.

The fact that I can modify attributes via scripts is a big plus in my evaluation (over Evernote)

Glad to hear it’s helpful. And yes, DEVONthink Pro/Pro Office has a very capable AppleScript dictionary,