How to stop Unwanted Newsfeed from Safari

I’m complete new to DAVONthink. Now I found lots of News when I select “unread” in the main menue.

Where do I find a knob to stop this unwanted service? Please give some advice to me. … And sorry if there was allready a thread I did’nt find.

Thanks!

Welcome @Mondrian_B

It’s not entirely clear what you’re asking.

• If you want to manually update feeds, you can set Preferences > RSS > Check for updates to Manually.
  • You can’t stop updates on a specific feed unless you modified its URL in Tools > Inspectors > Info > Generic: URL.
  • You could also merely delete the Feed item.

I set “check for updates” to “Manually”, hoping the problem is solved. BUT: I can’t modify the url, because i can’t locate the URL in the german version. AND I don’t know how to find and to delete the Feed Item.

I can’t modify the url, because i can’t locate the URL in the german version.

The URL is shown in the Info Inspector I previously mentioned.

I don’t know how to find and to delete the Feed Item.

You should see items with an icon like this…

If you choose Data > New > Smart Group and create a smart group with this criteria, it will show you any feeds you’ve added.

You can select results, control-click and choose Alle Instanzen in Papierkorb legen.

Thanks! The unwanted news have disappeard.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Hallo, ich hänge mal eine Nachfrage an:

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, dass jeder im Hintergrund heruntergeladene Newsfeed per Hinweis angezeigt wird?

Ich möchte Nachrichten sofort bei Erscheinen lesen und dafür nicht erst in DTPO wechseln.

Beste Grüße, Matze

Nein, das ist nicht möglich. In Version 3 könnte eine intelligente Regel höchstens eine Benachrichtigung in der Mitteilungszentrale anzeigen.