How to Sync DEVONThink Pro Office Inbox to DEVONThink 3 Inbox?

I’m lost. How do I sync my Version 2 inbox to my empty Version 3 Beta inbox? This is one of the obstacles that’s delaying my migration to Version 3. Thanks!

Do you mean “migrate” rather than sync?

Preferably remove DTPO from your computer, or alternatively install DT3 on a new user account

Then open your existing database with DT3

The inbox structure is a bit different with DT3 given that there is a universal global inbox which is part of a DT3 database. But everything from your DTPO database should move over fine.

Thanks. But no, I don’t mean migrate. None of the items in my DEVONThink Pro Office global inbox show up in DT3, and I need access to that global inbox from both versions until I’m confident that DT3 is stable.

What I want to do is synchronize the global inbox as Christian explains in the thread below. I just need the steps to take to accomplish that.

Assuming you are refer to the Global Inbox, you can copy ~/LIbrary/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.dtBase2 to the folder ~/LIbrary/Application Support/DEVONthink 3.

The inbox structure hasn’t changed in DEVONthink 3-you still have a Global Inbox in addition to a database inbox for each of your databases. All inboxes are displayed differently in the Sidebar in DEVONthink 3, but the structure is the same.

Thanks Greg, but that won’t work because I need changes made to the old global inbox synced to the new DT3 inbox and vice versa.

Then you will need to create an alias to the DEVONthink 2 database as Christian described above. Note that as previously mentioned, running both DEVONthink 2 and DEVONthink 3 from the same user account is not recommended. You will likely experience conflicts with the system extensions as well as the new meta data features included in DEVONthink 3.

Having said that, the beta release of DT3 is really solid with respect to data integrity. I know that the dev team has to be cautious, but it is a pretty safe beta.