HTML

I keep a folder in DT for my website’s html files. Weekly I make changes to the pages and and export them to the ~/Sites folder before uploading. A couple of problems:

• DT does not render according to my stylesheet. For example, if the stylesheet asks for centering, DT render left-justified.

• I just made some design changes that affected each page. The changes involved the use of character entities for bullets and en/em spaces. Unfortunately, DT saves and exports those entities as the rendered values not the literal entities. In the case of the later, this is very confusing because the renderd en-space is rendered blank. This make future changes difficult. Is there a way to force DT to save and export the character entities? If not, I will have to go back to TexEdit.

I have DT v.1.8

After I posted the above, I tested the site in MSIE instead of the usual Safari – all the pages display the html source with the addition of several garbage characters in front of the first html statement:

©?ÿ<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

Those garbage characters do not appear in the source files as viewed in TextEdit.

1. Rendering should be identical to Safari (as both use the WebKit).

2. Could you provide us an example document (after exporting) and a description what exactly should be changed?

Thanks!