Huge space usage in Application Support

Size of the folder located in Application Support > DEVONthink 3 > Cloudy > Downloads is 160 GB. Meanwhile, my databases are already taking up 142 GB size in ~Users/Databases. What is the reason additonal 160 GB space in application support?

PS: I am using iCloud (Cloudkit) sync and I already have verified location quickly and thoroughly.

Were you previously using a Legacy iCloud sync?

Yes, indeed.

I suggest you…

1. Disable CloudKit syncing in DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync.
  2. Right-click the iCloud Legacy sync location and choose Clean Location. This will clear out any sync data. You can now add, modify, or remove an encryption key for the sync location, but it must be done before you sync a database. This key would have to be entered in the sync location on other devices syncing with this location.
  3. On the Mac, go into System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud and click the Manage button. Select DEVONthink To Go then click the Delete documents and data button.
    This preference doesn’t give a realtime view of the deletion process, so close and return to the Manage section occasionally to check the process. Once iCloud has removed the data from Apple’s server, the DEVONthink To Go entry will disappear.
    If you want to add/modify/remove the encryption key, you can now right-click the sync location and choose Show Info. Make the modification to the encryption key fields, the click outside the Info popup.
  4. Then hold the Option key, control-click the iCloud Legacy sync location and choose Verify Location Thoroughly. The results will be shown in Window > Log.
  5. After these things are done, enable CloudKit syncing, and upload one database at a time.

Didn’t work. Is it safe to delete Cloudy > Downloads folder manually?

What didn’t work?
Was anything logged in Window > Log?

This is usually safe unless DEVONthink is currently synchronizing. Therefore first synchronize all your databases, check that nothing’s logged to Windows > Log, then quit DEVONthink and finally delete the folder.

I did everything you say but size of the folder “Downloads” remained unchanged.

Manually deleting solved my problem. Thanks.