I Love DevonThink, BUT Need Support for HTML

I love DevonThink but can’t even consider using it to archive either Apple Mail or Entourage Mail until there is a way to render HTML properly.

Lots of folks have been asking for this. When can we expect this functionality to be included in the product?

Regards,
Rob

DEVONthink uses the WebKit (the engine of Safari) and should be able to render all pages. But maybe you’re referring to another issue - the currently included email import scripts can only import plain text mails from Apple Mail and Microsoft Entourage. But we’re working on this issue…

I’ve written a script – or rather, hacked together two existing scripts – that does this, at least for some kinds of html emails (though not, mysteriously, for others). See my collection of useful little scripts for navigating DT Pro.

Thanks. I’m sure many of us appreciate it. I need DevonThink to properly render HTML e-mail that I have archived via drag & drop or added via the messages/folders scripts in both Apple Mail and Entourage.

I look forward to being able to use DevonThink as my e-mail archive system once this is in place.

Regards,
Rob

Thank you kindly!

It will not work through drag and drop because all mail programs do not provide enough information to get the correct information to properly decode a mail message. However, after having processed 10000s of messages, I believe we can deal with most MIME messages. Stay tuned… :wink:

I wait on pins and needles. None of the 3rd party apps or scripts are doing the job. It would be great if y’all could recognize HTML messages from Entourage and store and display them properly.

Regards,
Rob

We’ve been busy adding more interesting stuff for archiving your email, but it’s getting closer… :wink: We have to make sure it works really well since most people want to archive their existing email only once, I think.