iCloud drive for database storage & sync?

A DEVONthink sync store is not like a normal Finder folder. It is intended to be accessed and managed only by DEVONthink itself. If I open my sync store on CloudMe via a web browser, I have very little idea of what I am looking at, though I have to say that the length of the ID numbers that are used instead of names for most things is impressive (32 characters? I didn’t count them).

Create an emergency pack, which lists (on paper) all your log-ins, passwords, and so forth, and lodge it somewhere safe, not in the same house. My brother has one, and so does my nephew.

and lodge it somewhere safe, not in the same house.

Safety deposit boxes at a bank are still used for such things. :slight_smile:

My brother is cheaper :grinning:

1 Like

Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

@mbbntu Do you use both Bonjour (at home) and CloudMe cloud sync simultaneously? Meaning they’re both on. When you’re home it syncs fast via Bonjour, when you’re away you cloud sync via CloudMe?

I have iCloud sync, which is quite slow, but would love to also use Bojour at home. Do you do “direct connect/hardwire” to your Mac, or WiFi Bonjour?

Thanks.

Time has moved on since I wrote that, and having conducted a review of my application use, I have discontinued using DEVONthink as I realised I wasn’t really making use of any of its special features. But prior to that I was using Bonjour at home and CloudMe when away. My iMac was connected to the network by wire, and my MacBook connected to the network by wifi. Synchronisation is never bullet-proof, however, whatever system one uses. I experienced a number of glitches, which also contributed to my discontinuing use of DEVONthink. Which is not to say that synchronising via the filesystem is bulletproof – far from it. But using DT3 has not turned out happily for me, in contrast to about a decade of using DT2. It’s a shame, but there you go.

Thanks for the reply @mbbntu