iCloud Sync error (CloudKit)

Probably have to wait till Apple’s cloud service kicks and decides to work again. Under their control, per @cgrunenberg’s post just above yours.

Disappointing from Apple … I did switch to Bonjour and synching is again fine.

1 Like

At the moment I can’t sync at all with my equipments

• iMac
  • MacBook Pro
  • iPad
  • iPhone
    I deleted the app completely from my iPhone and reinstalled it. No sync, failure message … CKErrorDomain 6 …
    When looking to my databases I think something happened around Jan. 13th. Until that date it seems to be working.

@devonthink

Did you get in contact with Apple regarding this iCloudKit syncing problem and what are the results?

1 Like

As has been noted before (several times): Apple is in control of its Cloud services, no other company has any influence on that. There are sync services for DT that work a lot more reliably, notably Bonjour and WebDAV.

2 Likes

And Dropbox too since version 3.8.

Now it becomes clearer that’s not a pure DevonThink sync issue, see (in German):

Thanks so much for this follow-up. There is indeed buzz about CloudKit being broken on other sites as well. Ugh, Apple! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ts. They’re busy working on so many things like digital hubs, home automation, self-driving cars, automation …wait, no, not this one, collaboratively working on the same documents, a macro language for Pages and Numbers … no, again, not this one.

How could they possibly find time to fix something that was always broken like iCloud?

1 Like

How could they possibly find time to fix something that was always broken like iCloud?

Or (avoiding expletives) PDFKit. :rage:

2 Likes