iCloud sync store issues

When I do a sync, it finishes far too quickly, and my suspicions are correct when I try to view the file changes on the mobile version (not there). The same thing applies the other way, changes on the phone and does not show up on the Mac for some time.

I have had documents go missing but still have their previews in Devonthink (gone after a database repair). Thankfully I was able to recover the documents from one of my backups.

Anyone else experience these funky iCloud sync issues?

I have moved back to using BOX for now and Devon is back to being reliable with my documents.

DEVONthink prepares the data only for iCloud, this is as fast as a local sync store. Afterwards iCloud transfers the data on its own in the background. The first upload of a database might therefore cause a delay but afterwards you should rarely notice this.

This is also covered here: Setting up iCloud sync

Ahh, makes sense. I can probably blame the corruption on APFS. (all of my databases were corrupted in some way) (I ended up having to WIPE my Mac and do a clean reinstall after a Mojave due to a lot of other funky issues after an upgrade.)

At least wiping a machine is always a chance to start and try new things! :smiley:

Hi, there.
I am not sure what happened but all of sudden I have multiple DTLocalSyncStore files on my internal hard disk/iCloud Drive, taking up a whole lot of space. 74 files with sizes of 1.2 GB each. I need to free up space in the hard disk but I do not know if these files are essencial and if deleting them would mess up my database in any way. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I could not find any direction searching the community or the support pages. Thank you very much.

Which version of DEVONthink do you use? Since version 2.10 DEVONthink uses iCloud, not iCloud Drive, for synchronizing.

@cgrunenberg I am using version 2.11.2.

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket. Attach a screen capture of DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync with the sync location selection.