iCloud Sync with IOS doesn't see my database

I am new and don’t understand the syncing. I set this up on my Mac with iCloud with a password. I then use the app on my iPad (took me forever to even find the settings, very non-intuitive), and put in iCloud and my password and all that comes up is the global inbox. I verified in the Mac app that both the inbox and my database are synced (says last sync was ok ) but the database doesn’t show on my iPad. Why is this so complicated? How can I sync my main database? I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled, refreshed.

Welcome @dipole

There’s nothing complicated about syncing. It’s actually a simple and logical process.

• Is there anything reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
  • Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, touch it and tell me what it reports.
1 Like

ok, for whatever reason the main db showed up but on iPad I see error, can’t create folder of database inbox, path exists already and now in the Mac app, the inbox is saying not synronized, upload database

What is reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?

In DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Sync: Locations, left-swipe the sync location and choose Clean. After the clean is done a triangle will appear on the sync icon.

ok, thanks, that seemed to work, looks like everything is syncing now

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: