Icons for files imported to Devonthink wacky!

Hello all, I upgraded to the latest version DEVONagent. I import a lot of links as PDF files into DT and noticed that the icons look strange. The icons are now thin and rectangular.

Doesn’t matter if I import them as a PDF, HTML or a link, the icons are thin and long. Anyone know if there’s a workaround or if it’s a cool new feature (ie, bug)?

It’s a feature. The icons are thumbnails of the first page of the PDF. to make them go away, select the PDF, control-click and choose “Thunmbails > Remove”. There’s also a preferences on the PDF & PS tab for creating thumbnails or not.

Best,

Eric.

Hi Eric,

I understand that the program creates icons…but now that I’ve upgraded to the new version of DA, I’ve noticed that the icons of anything I import to DA look nothing like the icons of PDFs that were imported using the previous version of DA.

These new icons are tall and thin, in both the regular view and thumbnail view. They do not look like scaled down pieces of paper, like my other icons do. They look like a rectangle standing on the shortest side, shaped very much like this (excuse my attempt at keyboard “art”):

| |
| |
| |

Any suggestions?

edited to add: here’s a screen capture of it

This are thumbnails. DEVONagent 1.5 creates PDFs that are looooong pages without any page breaks, not A4 any more. This is why they look this way. See you own screenshots – little, long PDFs of a web page.

Best,

Eric.

The previous version didn’t provide the possibility to add PDF documents immediately to DT. Therefore I guess you’ve printed some web pages to DEVONthink which is of course still an option. In addition, v1.5.1 will probably introduce a preference to paginate the PDF output.

Okay, now I understand! If the PDFs are multiple pages without page breaks, DA will create a thumbnail that doesn’t represent just the first page, but the entire document, thus compressing them into that long and thin thumbnail image.

And sorry for the confusing topic title…I just realized I’ve been referring to the thumbnails as “icons.”

Thanks for all your help!