No, that’s what Pixelmator Pro said, but as I subsequently reported, Preview reported it as smaller. I’ve repeated the experiment saving the file at each step of the way—and in this instance, file (1) is the one that won’t import, and I leave it to you to determine the actual dimensions (Preview is reporting it as 2880 x 17482 points on my Mac).
(1) This is the original file that DT wouldn’t open (see log).
(2) This is the file after I opened it with Preview and saved it using the “Export as pdf” command. It was successfully imported by DT.
(3) This should be the same file as (2)—it’s the one DT moved to the Trash after rule: if Kind is PDF/PS and Word Count is 0, Perform the following actions: On Import OCR to searchable PDF and Move To Trash.
(4) This is the result of the auto OCR using the above rule—note that there is no text layer, at least that I can discern, suggesting that the rule somehow isn’t working (although DT moved the original import to the Trash and reports this one as “PDF+Text”.
(5) This is the result of manually OCRing file (4) in DT, after ignoring the warning: “Are you sure you want to convert this searchable PDF again?” It does have a text layer, finally.
So it seems to me there are two issues:
A. DT won’t open the pdf—until I’ve opened it in Preview and (re)exported it as a pdf.
B. The DT rule for automatically OCRing documents isn’t resulting in selectable text—but manually doing it does.
Files are too large and are available zipped on Dropbox:
Attaching the .log file compressed as .zip here.
2020-05-31.log.zip (1.2 KB)
I really appreciate your help!