Import Bug

Not sure if this has been mentioned before.

1. In a DEVONthink window, click on the name of a document as if to rename it.
  2. Then (without unselecting the name of the document), import a file from the Finder using AppleScript (in my case, I’m using a Folder Action).
  3. The import will fail.

It works if you drag and drop the file manually.

I just thought this was an interesting bug. It might seem insignificant, but it might trip up people who often have many processes working at a single time.

Hmmm. I can’t duplicate that. I selected a document in my Incoming group view. Then dragged & dropped a PDF into a folder to which the Action Import script is attached. The new content showed up in my top level view window.

Went back to the selected file, clicked the name so that it was in edit mode, waiting for me to change the name. Back in the Finder, dropped another PDF into that folder with the attached script. The PDF was immediately sent to my database.

Am I doing this the same way you did?

Hmm… very strange. It’s working perfectly for me now too. The only thing that’s changed is that I’ve gotten some sleep in-between – no reboots, DTP restarts, nothing else I could think of. So I can’t replicate it either now… wtf.

When I was 3 years old I had a revelation – a huge insight. I’ve never forgotten the experience.

It’s that no one understands or can explain everything. :slight_smile: