Import&Delete Script

Hi,

is it possible to modify the folder-action script “Import&Delete” that before it takes action it will detect the files in the folder if they consists of a specific tag, and, if not, does nothing?

Thanks in advance,

Winfried

Technically it is possible, but why ? Generally, a Folder Action will act on all the files in a folder. What you’re suggesting would leave files behind. Would you be manually cleaning out the unaffected files?

As a side note: Folder Actions can be inconsistent so it may not be the best mechanism for weeding out files in this manner.

Hi,

what I want to do is a 2-way PDF-storage, 1 in DEVONthink and 1 in an own folder structure on an ext. harddisk. So the folder where I save the PDF files from scanning is observed by another app which copies the files to the certain subfolders on the ext. harddisk and, when done, marks these files a flag. So I want the folder action waiting for this flag, then import the files into DT and delete them.

Thanks,
Winfried

This may be possible but I wouldn’t do it. Between the inconsistency of Folder Actions and the required timing, it would be easy for this to not trigger properly.

Why not scan to one location, let the other process make its copies, then move the file to the folder with the Folder Action attached? This would relieve the timing issue.

Hi,

thanks for your advice. I’ll try to do that,

Winfried.