Import Emails from Apple Mail into DTO Pro 2

Hi,

I am attempting to import my emails from Apple Mail Version 5.2 into DTO Pro 2 by simply dragging it over to DTO. The email makes the transition well. But of the attachment only the first page makes it into DTO.

What I would like to see from such an import is the email and attachment imported and indexed in DTO. Is such a result possible?

tx

With Mail frontmost, click on the Scripts icon in the menubar and select a capture option under the “Mail” heading. You may this preferable to drag & drop captures.

The display of Mail messages is by Quick Look, which doesn’t allow access to attachments. To access an attachment, click on the little “Alternative Text” button in the navigation bar that’s immediately above the pane in which the message is displayed. This will switch to a rich text view, and you can then open attachments by double-clicking.

Currently attachments are not indexed, and so are not searchable unless opened and separately saved to a database. However, Christian has noted that he has plans to add indexing of attachments in a future release.

Tx, Bill, that is 80% there. Indexing will take the cake to really make this useful.

Don’t know if this interests you, but I use a script to save all attachments to a folder called (cleverly…) “Attachments.” I use devonthink’s “Index” function to keep an eye on that folder.

The script that I am using can be found at:

macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=36403

I have a rule that runs the script if the attachments are of certain file types.

Hi,

is there an update to the following remark?

“Currently attachments are not indexed, and so are not searchable unless opened and separately saved to a database. However, Christian has noted that he has plans to add indexing of attachments in a future release.”

Are the attachments indexed in the current release?

This is a critical feature for me to find attachments thru search.

Thank you and best regards