Import from Bookend as markdown with author-date file name

Hi,
it is wonderful that DT keeps surprising me.
I just switched from Sente to Bookends and discovered the option to import references from Bookends. The one under File->Import->References from Bookends, not the one under Data->New from template->Education.
It works perfect.
However, would it be possible to name the imported references by author - date instead of the reference title?
And getting them in Markdown format would also be nice.
Getting the naming option would be awesome.
The Markdown part a nice bonus.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Tim

FWIW, I too would welcome the above.

What about naming the references like this?

Author - Date - Title

I guess that should be also fine for people preferring the current naming.

Agreed. Each user has its own way of naming files.
“Easiest” way would be, if DevonThink could read the setting for renaming the files in the attachment folder. This should give a good indication on the naming conventions the user prefers.

Yes, there are many ways one can organize attachment filenames, and DT’s single option for importing BE references is certainly limiting.

As for me, I use “authoryear - title” and I am looking for a way to import all my BE references in this manner so as to sync better with my DT database (by seeing which ones are marked as duplicate).

Now, in BE I customized the format above (authoryear - title) but references are all exported to a single file, defeating the purpose. Unless there is a way to explode paragraphs into separate files in DT (Solution 1). That would be nice.

So DT should point to options for customizing BE import. Or simply as @Tim365 said: ““Easiest” way would be, if DevonThink could read the setting for renaming the files in the attachment folder.” (Solution 2).