Import of PDFs sometimes creates corrupt PDFs

Hi there,

this has been happening quite frequently the past two weeks: I import a PDF file into DT Pro Office, and it turns out corrupted (some pages being blank/missing or cut off in the lower part, sometimes leaving a strange colored pattern). Deleting and reimporting so far has always done the trick but that’s really annoying and should not be necessary.

Same thing also happens with a successfully imported PDF that is then OCR’ed (guess the new PDF is being imported).

Any advice/resolution would be helpful.

Thanks + cheers,
Emanuel

That hasn’t happened here (DT Pro Office 2.3, OS X 10.7.2).

Anyone else with a similar issue?

A similar problem has just started happening to me – I’ve never seen it until today. I’m running OS X 10.7.2 and DT Pro Office 2.3.1.1.

I have several PDFs that are imported into DT Pro Office, but they’re not viewable once they’re in there. If I access the imported version in Finder, they’re corrupted; the imported version is smaller and no longer has a %PDF% header.

Unlike Emanuel, if I delete them from DT and reimport, they’re still corrupted.

They’re definitely not corrupted in the original. They’re also from different sources: two different publishers’ ebooks.

After a bit of exploration, I’ve found that my problem is likely caused by Clusters, LateNiteSoft’s background file compressor. When I turn off the compression for PDFs, newly downloaded copies import into DT without an issue.

Do you know why this is a new problem? I’ve been using Clusters for a long time, and I haven’t seen this issue before.

I am having a similar issue- insofar as its been happening the last two weeks or so (perhaps since the last update to DT?)

When opening PDFs created in DT, my memory usage for Preview goes off the map- from the 50mb range for Preview to gigabytes! I’ve also noticed DT taking a very long time to load images for PDFs when using the 3-pane or split view- as in spinning beach ball slow.

The PDFs were created months ago.

Could this be related somehow?

How did you create the PDFs? What’s a typical file sixe?

HI Bill,
I am not sure if you are addressing my post- or the original post- but my PDFs were created in DT by merging several JPGs, and then using the ‘create searchable PDF’ function.

Thanks!