Import status message no longer appearing

I used to see a status message in the lower left corner of the DT3 window when the folder that I’ve enabled folder actions on has a document that’s being imported into DEVONThink. The message was something along the lines of “importing [filename]”. It was helpful as a visual indication that the folder action is alive and functioning properly. But I no longer see that message or any other indication that anything is “happening” other than seeing something land at the top of the DT3 inbox (or not…if something ISN’T working).

By way of example, I just pushed a bunch of files into the folder that has folder actions enabled. Most of them got added to DT3 but not all of them did.

I looked but couldn’t find a setting to re-enable the status message. I’ll troubleshoot the failed import later but if someone knows whether it’s possible to re-enable the import status message, that would be swell.

Thanks!

Folder actions actually don’t use any progress indication in the Activity pane/panel on their own, therefore this might have been either a secondary or unrelated activity. Another possibility is that a folder action was applied to a complete folder as only longer activities lasting more than few seconds are shown.

Ok thanks. Seems like something must have changed though. My standard workflow has always been to scan a doc using my phone, push that scanned file to the folder I have the folder action applied to and then watch the lower left corner of DT and see the file being “picked up” by DT. While the folder action seems to be less thaN 100% reliable, the status indicator in DT seemed to be. I’m not sure how long ago was the last time I saw it though…probably a few months.

Which folder action do you actually use?

It’s a very old 2010 script (that I’m just now seeing that you authored so THANKS!!!) to import items in that folder to DT. I can paste it in if it’s helpful.

The name should be sufficient if you didn’t customize it.

Here are the comments at the top of the script:

– DEVONthink - Import, OCR & Delete.applescript
– Created by Christian Grunenberg on Fri Jun 18 2010.
– Copyright (c) 2010-2017. All rights reserved.

Did you check whether anything is shown in Window > Activity?

No I hadn’t ever come across that window before. I just opened it and it was empty. I also just tested keeping that window open while adding files into DT from my “watched” folder and nothing ever landed in that window.

It’s not a big deal. If it’s not expected behavior for DT to show the real-time status while imports are occurring, I’m ok with that.

Thanks for having a look.

Which edition do you actually use?

Pro