Importing data from theBrain into DT

Thank you. Yes, Hook is good. But Hook is addressing a different problem than the root of this thread which is, I believe, getting everything out of TheBrain. Hook solves the problem of relating this note in this software to that note in that software. It is not a migration tool.

Good evening all
I am currently tinkering with AppleScript, based on @pete31 ‘s script (thanks). And yes @korm , of course DT does not map 1to1 with TheBrain, different concepts, differents data structure. But the brain tags do map very well to DT tags.
As of this moment, I have exported all my the 3700+ Brain thoughts to DT, all 122 tags too correctly assigned, attachments next. Links (3800 of them) will come later, after I have decided how I want to see therm in DT, as @korm said.
Lots of fun coding again, especially since I have quite a few thoughts, links, tags, attachments, and have run into performance considerations (wrong word -I know- as this is for my use only) even though the iMac is pretty powerful.

BTW I have not experienced any lock-in issues : all my TheBrain data is exported in the JSON, and I can easily access it, so kudos to them.
I’ll keep you posted of when this is finished.

Yes, that’s what TheBrain Co. likes to say, too. Problem is – how many people can deal with JSON?

Hey @pete31 – noticed today there’s a fellow on the Obisidian forum doing a similar task using Python.