Importing .doc-files causes trouble

Hi,

when I import .doc-files the documents will be converted into .rtf-files. Can I change this anyhow?

Michael

DT Pro 1.2 :question:

No, you can’t change that. :slight_smile:

Microsoft uses a proprietary format for Word, and it would take a lot of coding to attempt to render the format in DT Pro.

DT Pro can capture the text of your Word document for searching and analysis. But the Word file itself remains outside your database. So if you may need to edit or print the original file in the future, don’t delete it. Note also that if you open the external .doc file under Word and edit and save changes, the changes will not be reflected in your database. You would need to reimport the file.

However, if you use the Import mode on Word files, there will be one-way synchronization from the .doc file to the text content in your database. So if the external file is edited and saved, the changes will be reflected in your database.

WBD update: Correction. The first sentence of the above paragraph should read: However, if you use the Index mode on Word files, there will be one-way synchronization from the .doc file to the text content in your database.

And if i drag a .doc file into a group it’s imported or what?

If you drag a .doc into the database it’s Imported.

But if you Command-Option-drag a .doc file into the database, it’s Indexed.