Importing DT 2 database to DT 3 on a new computer (w/ Dropbox files, but w/out dtBase2 file)?

Situation:
I had DT2 in the past.
I haven’t used it for a few years, but the DT3 features look good to me, and I’d like to give it another try.
I don’t have the prior computer anymore, but I have a “DEVONthink” folder in Dropbox, which contains “databases” and “transactions” folders with my old data.
I’d like to import my prior DT2 data to the new DT3 instance I’m setting up.
The instructions I find for importing seem to rely on an existing local dtBase2 file, but I don’t have that since this is a fresh install.
How do I get DT3 to import the prior DT2 data?
Is it possible to do with the dropbox files alone, but without the dtBase2 file?

I can’t believe this wouldn’t be answered somewhere already, but all my searches and trying things in the app are failing me.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

No that’s not possible with DEVONthink 3 and actually may only possible in a very old version of version 2.

Do you not have proper backups from the old machine? (And no, sync is not a backup.)

okay, thanks for that answer – even where it’s one I didn’t want to hear.

I didn’t use it much the first time around before abandoning the service, didn’t take a backup at the time, and then forgot all about it when I left the job I was at (and turned in that computer).

I was curious to see what data I did have in there, but sounds like I need to forgo that idea.

Not a big deal for this particular case as I added very little original content, if any. At least it provides a good object lesson for the new DT3 endeavor.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

And yeah, what you have is very old Sync 1 data. I haven’t even seen that in a few years or more.