importing email from Outlook for Mac 2011

Suppose I want to maintain a complete collection of messages in a mailbox, but before I capture it I’ve captured individual messages relating to a project into my database.

If I check the option in Preferences > Email - Messages: “Previously imported will become replicants” those individually captured messages will be shown as replicants in both locations.

Otherwise, they would not be visible in the captured mailbox, as they would have been skipped because of previous capture.

Thank you so much for explaining this feature! I’ve been trying to figure out what it means by checking Help > DTPO Help, but I couldn’t find it. :smiley:

Your post was made in 2011, and it seems that since then this email Preference has been moved or removed. I can’t find it anywhere in DTP 2.8.4 Preferences.

Any suggestions?

DEVONthink Pro Office provides more sophisticated management of email than does DEVONthink Pro. The Preferences > Email item exists in DEVONthink Pro Office, but not in DEVONthink Pro.

The reference to 2011 was to the version of Microsoft Office, but my post was made in 2014.

Thanks for the quick reply, Bill.

Do you think it is worth the cost of upgrade to DTPO to just enhance handling of Outlook email? I will be sending a lot of emails to DTP.

I’ve reviewed the DTP and DTPO feature list and didn’t see anything else of interest.

Thanks.

Download the trial and try it before deciding.

(Asking a software company what to buy is sort of like asking the chef “what’s good on the menu” :laughing: )

DEVONthink Pro Office is especially tasty. :slight_smile:

Since I have not received any responses even suggesting that an upgrade to DTPO would be worth it, I’ll stick with DTP for now, especially considering the below post.

Let’s not take what I said in the other post out of context. I was responding to a poster that had indicated:

a) Are there any other key benefits (other than the Web Server, which I don’t require);
b) ( I don’t need DEVONthink Pro’s OCR as) I already own a license to ABBYY FineReader Pro and;
c) Email archiving isn’t of interest as I have other solutions in place.

If those three points are not important to you, then yes, I would suggest that an upgrade to Pro Office is perhaps not worth it for you either.

Sorry, Greg, it was not my intent to take it out of context.

I actually think I’m in a very similar situation, in that after having reviewed the additional benefits of DTPO, I don’t see any that I really need. However, I was not sure about the additional (if any) benefits for handling Outlook email.

So far, I have not seen any significant benefit for Outlook email. But maybe I’ve missed something.

There is no benefit to using Outlook email :mrgreen: (Apart from building character and fortitude while working through the mystery that is Outlook.)

(I know this is gratuitous, but I couldn’t resist.)

No problem, like water off a duck’s back. :laughing:
Outlook is no mystery to me – I’ve been using it for decades now, both on Mac and Windows, and I love it. IMO, best PIM/email client out there.