Importing from latest version of Evernote

Hello everyone,

Brand new user here (DEVONthink Pro Office), and I’m trying to move all my notes in Evernote to DEVONthink. (Which is to say, I don’t want to have to depend on Evernote at all, after I’ve imported the notes to DEVONthink.)

I have about 60,000 notes in Evernote, split between Business and Personal accounts.
Version number for Evernote is Version 6.12 Beta 2 (455250 Direct)

I find that I can drag and drop a single note from Evernote to the Inbox on DEVONthink and the full text of the note is created and stored in DEVONthink Pro. But I have not been able to either:
++ drag and drop selection of multiple notes, or
++ use the very nice DEVONthink interface to select one or more notebooks within Evernote without either

Crashing Evernote, or getting nothing in DEVONthink but a bunch of URLS that point back to Evernote (no text from the note itself at all).

I suppose it’s possible that the Beta 2 version of 6.12 has broken something, but I thought I’d check to see if I’m just missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

Working with beta software can definitely cause problems. Also, Evernote’s AppleScript capabilities are a very limited thing. I do not suggest trying to import all 60,00 notes (in case you were so inclined). Note you can also try to export out of Evernote then import them after the fact.

Exporting multiple notes as an ENEX file and importing it into DEVONthink retains the metadata (just like File > Import > Notes from Evernote…)

There’s a bug in that beta of Evernote’s Applescript support. I had to downgrade Evernote to get importing to DTPO to work.

Thanks, mpmanti! That helps.

You’re welcome!