Importing/indexing Japanese files

Unfortunately there appears to have been no progress on this issue, and as far as I can tell DT is still unable to import non-Unicode CJK text files. An indication from the developers as to whether there is any possibility of having this problem solved would be appreciated.

Rolf

Any progress on this? I have what appears to be a related problem – Japanese pages in Shift-JIS that display correctly in the browser are clipped by DEVONthink as PDFs, but come out garbled on the other end.

The HTML works fine, though, so it appears to be something going wrong in the clipping process with PDFs. Of course, the workaround is to just print as PDF myself, or clip as HTML, but I would prefer if the clipper worked properly.

Please start a Support Ticket in Development. Thanks.

Thanks! I wrote the ticket, pasted the link to the pages that were causing trouble, then checked them one last time. They all clip fine… I don’t know how to explain this right now. I’m glad it’s working now! But, I don’t know why it wasn’t. User error? Maybe. I’m only tapping an icon, though, so I don’t see what I could have done differently to cause the problem.

If I see the problem again, I’ll be sure to report it.