Inbox extremely slow, beach umbrella

About a week ago my inbox has become very very slow. If I want to increase font, beach umbrella 15-30 seconds. If I want to highlight some word, beach umbrella again…etc.
I have there over 400 items. These are different subjects. Every item/subject has 5 to 30 articles. Some items have even more.
Database is 850 MB. 8 million words. 120,000 unique words.
I did Repair, Optimize, ReBuild database. Nothing changed.
Maybe the reason for being so slow are many illustrations ?
Thanks!

What kind of document do you actually edit/view and how large is it?

All documents are articles in .rtf
About 30% have illustration, graphics…
What I’ve noticed just a couple hrs ago, that the beach umbrella only shows up at articles which I copied/pasted from forums. So these include a lot of links, like ‘Reply’ under each comment, for example.
Otherwise the scrolling is fine no problem. I think that’s problem, so I’m going to do some cleanup. Beach umbrella appears only in one or two items/subjects. I guess I’ve figured out. But I’d appreciate some tips from more experienced users. Thanks!

Could you please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), select the beach-balling DEVONthink 3 in the list of processes, choose the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance!

• Are you seeing an issue in other databases or are you only using the Global Inbox?
    • If you’re not only using the Global Inbox, how many other databases do you have open and are they large in terms of words and unique words in File > Database Properties?

I use only Global Inbox.

I just emailed you two sample processes.

Thanks very much !!!