inbox question

I am just beginning to use DevonthinkPro. I don’t fully understand the inbox concept? I am using DTP to index all my files. I am using the inbox to save web pages on topics I am doing research on. I am thinking that if I use the magic hat, a web page in DTP’s AI would find matches with documents stored on my mac. But apparently this is not how It works? Using this method I find almost no other documents when using the hat in the inbox - only possible matches from other matches in the inbox.

How am I misunderstanding how this works please? What is the intended relationship between the inbox, and the open database? As mentioned, using the hat in the inbox with an open database seems to not search the open database for matches?

Thanks

There is no relationship between the Global Inbox and any other open database(s). The Global Inbox is itself a stand-alone database, although it does have some unique characteristics over regular databases that are useful for capturing data to DEVONthink. By design, the See Also/Classify (Sorcerer’s Hat) function of DEVONthink is limited to the database where the selected document is located. That is why, when selecting documents in the Global Inbox, you only see suggestions for other documents located in the Global Inbox. If you move your documents from the Global Inbox to your open database(s), then See Also/Classify will make suggestions based on the documents in that database.

Thanks