Inbox updated time?

When I add a new file in Finder in the Inbox import folder, how often does DT read from that folder? Or is it just during startup of the application?

During startup and after filesystem events (triggered after updating this folder, e.g. by adding files).

1 Like

Speaking of Finder Inbox-

I have deleted the one from DT2 then I made a new one for DT3 BUT it never worked.

After DT3 Beta 2 it installed a new one WHICH works now.

How do I delete the one I made safely?

How did you actually create the item on your own? The inbox folder of version 3 is ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox, this shouldn’t be removed.

Removing an item from the Finder’s sidebar can be done by dragging the item off the sidebar far enough that an encircled X appears next to the cursor. However, control-click > Remove from Sidebar is also available (and a better option, in my opinion).

Installing it again is done via DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons > Global Inbox in Save Dialogs.

PS: Help > Documentation > Menus > The Application Menu > Add-Ons. :slight_smile:

PPS: Never rename the Inbox in the Finder’s sidebar. This is not a mere alias and renaming here will change the name of the actual file. Not a good thing.

Maybe it didnt work because I renamed it.

Thanks Jim :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :slight_smile: