Index for PDF annotations

There is a similar question in 2016 which was closed in 2021. After the release of the handwritten notes on ipad as an empty PDF with annotations there is a new need to index those annotations (text) and it would be great if this is possible for handwritten text too (like notability).

Best regards

This has been on our to-do list for a long time. It’s still there, we’re afraid, while we’re working on our next major release, which will include a better text editor.

Well if the new and better text editor is the reason this feature stays in Backlog im good with waiting. New text editor with a new „initial“ editor for creating documents would be a huge improvement. Is there a plan for this update in 2022? Will it be a paid upgrade like Things 3? I‘m fine with paying for this monthly or one-time. I

New text editor with a new „initial“ editor for creating documents would be a huge improvement.

What do you find lacking in the New Document Assistant?

Is there a plan for this update in 2022?

We don’t comment on development timeframes but yes, it should be out before December 31, 2022 :wink:

Well, it is not the Document Assistant but the whole popup for creating new items. For example the text editor for notes can not use any tools, I have to create a new note, save it and edit it to get all tools.

I think there should be a better separation between content like notes, pdf, audio, video and meta-items like tags, databases, groups. They should not be part of the same popup.

I like the fact that there are fast note with long press on the DT2G icon and I like audio notes. And I like the idea to use the pdf annotation for a quick implementation of handwritten notes. Smart.

Overall I like the possible items but I think the creating process via this popup is not the best way.

Good for me. Since Corona I only think and plan in years because time is running like hell. Nearly a 1/4 of 2022 is already over. After the next blink its christmas again :slight_smile:

We agree that this design choice was not ideal, and we will replace it with a hopefully better mechanism in a future version.

Not?

Not, agreed here too :wink: