Indexed Files and Tagging

I am currently indexing a group of text files and I would like to use the Import pref, “Convert Hashtags to Tags.” However, I currently have almost 200 tags and when indexing they all populate to the Finder. Is there any way to index files and convert hashtags to tags without them populating to the Finder?

I know there is tighter integration with version 3, but I’m hoping there is a solution to utilize tags on indexed files without cluttering up the Finder. Anyone have any insight, suggestions, or workflow suggestions?

Version 2 worked this way with tags on indexed files also, and I don’t think there is any way around it.

There is a hidden preference to disable Finder tags, but note it is a global choice that affects both importing and exporting of Finder Tags.

Select DEVONthink’s Help > Documentation > Appendix > Hidden preferences and click the On link under DisableFinderTags.

Thanks for chiming in @Greg_Jones! And thanks @BLUEFROG for pointing me to the hidden preference; that’s exactly what I needed! (And I even checked the Help so as to avoid that the all too common, “See the help documentation”! Doh!)

You’re welcome and thanks for checking the Help too! :slight_smile: