Indexed files renaming Finder files

It seems that with pb3, if I select to index a file, then rename it in the database, the original file is renamed in the Finder also, I’m certain this wasn’t the behaviour before, and presents real problems for my workflow - is this a bug? or can I switch this behaviour off? I just want to work with database specific names and leave the originals as they are, as I did before.

Thanks

No, this is intentional and has been requested. Just like duplicating indexed files creates new files now and settings the comments of indexed files updates the Finder/Spotlight comments immediately.

I know this is an old thread, but since it touches on my question I’m gonna append it here.

I, too, would like to be able to rename an indexed file without affecting the original file name: is there a way, then, to deactivate this behaviour?

No, this is not possible.

I think the more DT stays aligned with Finder, the better. I can certainly see why folks wouldn’t want changes in DT to be reflected in Finder, but this is a behavior I happen to like a lot, and I hope to see more of it in future iterations of the application.

Yeah, people generally want to use indexed files as a “Finder companion”, so changes in one would logically be reflected in the other.