Indexed MD notes not downloading in DTTG

Hello everyone,

I’m trying Obsidian as many other people, so I moved my notes into a Dropbox folder and indexed it in a new database in Devonthink.
I closed the old Notes database with the imported notes and stopped syncing it.

Now, I can no longer view my markdown documents in DTTG.
The familiar Download link appears but when I tap it, it spins for a couple of seconds and does nothing. Still showing the Download link.

Please tell me if something is not clear.

Thanks a lot in advance!

How are you syncing DEVONthink and DEVONthink To Go?

Did you give DEVONthink enough time for an initial sync of the notes?

And why have you moved your notes into a Dropbox folder in the first place? Do you have to have access to them by another program besides Obsidian and DEVONthink on your Mac and DTTG on your mobile device?

Hi suavito

I did give enough time for the initial sync.

I’m syncing DT to DTTG via iCloud legacy.

I don’t have a special reason for putting them on Dropbox now. I just thought it would be a good place for them once obsidian iOS app is released.

Go back to DEVONthink To Go’s Home Screen.

• Is there a triangle on the sync icon?
    • If so, tap it. What does it report?

Hi Bluefrog,

There is no triangle on the sync icon. Sync seems to be fine.

Also in the sync section of settings all databases report syncing correctly.

Do a File > Verify & Repair on the database in DEVONthink.
Anything reported in Window > Log?

No, successfully verified

The only difference between my original notes database is that the notes were imported to DT and in the new one, they are indexed from a Dropbox folder.

The original shows up correctly and the new can’t seem to be able to download the notes.

Is this a limitation of indexed files?
Are the indexed files still uploaded to the sync store like the imported ones?

In the sync setup have you turned “on” the option to “synchronise content of indexed items”?

Oh my god that was turned off!

I turned it on and it seemed to be working, uploading 250 items. However it stopped counting up at 198 for a while and then just finished.
I opened DTTG and let it sync (no indication of syncing actually) but I still get the same behaviour.

I might have to remove the sync store, delete the database from the phone and sync it again.

By the way, should I stop using the icloud (legacy) and try the (cloud kit) instead?

Thanks so much for your help!

Bonjour is so much faster and can coexist with whatever cloud sync you use. Be sure to update latest version of DTG from app store.

In my experience CloudKit is way better than iCloud (legacy).

Ok I created a new sync method via CloudKit with the above option enabled, left everything sync, and finally now all is good.
I can see eveything on my phone, including the indexed notes.

Thank you all for your help