Information after an OCR scan is lost - half of the document is missing

After reading this I am insecure. At what kind of workflow and which settings exactly does the problem occur ? The information does not seem to be unimportant.

It happens during OCR if DT/ABBYY needs to rotate any pages automatically (e.g. if your scan is done in portrait mode but some or all of the pages are actually landscape). If you rotate those pages before applying OCR then AFAIK itā€™s fine.

Still broken. This is a data-loss issue for me. Any news?

This is an issue with v11 of the ABBYY OCR, at present I would recommend either:

• rotate pages prior to OCR
    or
  • In DEVONthink 3->Preferences in the OCR tab, turn off the auto correct for ā€œPage Orientationā€
1 Like

If you have a standalone FineReader 12, it solves the issue without any problems (just tested it). Here Iā€™ve written a script for DEVONthink to use it with a smart rule. You can setup any setting you want, and make a smart rule to do it automatically.

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

Iā€™m having the same problem and updating to DevonTHINK 3.0.3 didnā€™t fix it.

Is there a shortcut to rotate all the pages in a PDF within DeconTHINK? When I select all the pages and click rotate left, only the first page rotates.

Thanks

Welcome @Ugbun

No, there is no update other than we are still working with ABBYY on this.

When I select all the pages and click rotate left, only the first page rotates.

You click Rotate Left where?
I opened the Tools > Content > Thumbnail inspector, selected a thumbnail, then pressed Command-A to select all the pages. Rotating is working - in either direction.

ā€¦we are still working with ABBYY on this.

To be honest, this is hard to believe after 9 months of waiting for an appropriate reaction (-> get it fixed) and rotating each and every vertical page manually.

Itā€™s so annoying meanwhile that Iā€™m no longer willing to fumble around manually when the main reason for buying this product was to get a full automation.

Iā€™m quite disappointed about the way you deal with paying customers. Do you try out how long you can keep your customers in limbo before they move on to alternate products?