Invalid encryption key after changing Apple ID

i have changed my computer and I am using a new Apple ID
before synch worked like a charm, now on my new new computer Mac 16 Monterey I cannot sync to my iPad and iPhone despite my best efforts

1. I did everything following the doc and bluefrog advise here Invalid Encryption Key iCloud (Cloudkit) - #32 by jrthpt

2. I am using CloudKit and all my devices are all logged into the same ID

3. As I have a different Apple ID why do I get the message of invalid encryption key when I did not enter any. I checked in the blockchain just in case but no key to be found

I tried to clear everything to no avail, I am still prompted with this message 'invalid encrypted key ’ I reinstall DEVONthink To Go just in case but same issue

What can I do now ? Thanks for your help …

What did you search for in Keychain Access?
On the old Mac, search for cloudy in Keychain Access.

thanks,
deleted them all. Good news is that now the global box is synchronized but still the databases I want to sync don’t show up in DT to go 3

• Is there anything reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
  • Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, touch it and tell me what it reports.

No triangle
iCloud icon active does not pick up the DB

Simple question perhaps unasked: On the new Mac, in DEVONthink Sync settings for CloudKit is the location “active” with a checkmark, and do all the databases you want synced show “active” with checkbox?

And if checked and synching happening, from the new Mac try a “Verify Database Quickly” on the sync location.

Actually no triangle on iPhone but a triangle on iPad with the usual message : invalid encrypted key

On the iPhone I have the following msg : Internal server error CKErrorDomain 15

I’m getting the CKErrorDomain 15 message on my Mac today, I’m wondering if something is up with iCloud as I’ve not had errors before (I tried restarting the Mac but it didn’t help).

This might be another temporary issue of Apple’s servers. Are you able to successfully verify the sync store?

CKErrorDomain 15 message on my Mac today, I’m wondering if something is up with iCloud as I’ve not had errors before (I tried restarting the Mac but it didn’t help).

Just noting it: This appears to be a CKErrorServerRejectedRequest error.

Sorry, it’s been a week hasn’t it :pensive: This problem had fixed itself the next day and I’m blaming Apple :grimacing:

No worries and no apology needed. We appreciate the follow-up and are glad to hear it’s behaving now. :slight_smile:

Now everything is fine despite I did not do anything !..no more errors …thanks

I guess you are confirming the vagaries of Apple’s iCloud service. Glad it’s now working for you.

2 Likes