Is Catalina ok?

Done

I’m not able to get any successful syncs between DT3 and DTTG on my devices. Socket Errors and just spinning progress…

1 Like

On Bonjour syncs?

I don’t believe I have had Bonjour syncs enabled. I’ll have to check when I get home.

Just checked. Yes, Bonjour is enabled with “Incoming Connections Available.”

I get the blue dot in the cloud icon below and it is now working. I did update the Catalina Supplemental Update. Maybe that was it?

Are we still planning to wait before updating to Catalina? Do we have a date when this might be possible?

Hi everyone, first post here. My issue with Catalina is that I get a printing error when “printing” a doc to Devonthink. Anyone else ?

It’s unclear what you’re referring to here.
We aren’t controlling the release of Catalina updates and we do not advocate moving to it now. Perhaps after the first of second revision of the OS, but again, that’s Apple’s.

Thanks really helpful

You’re welcome. We are crossing our collective fingers the first point release of Catalina will clean up a bunch of these issues.
/hoping

Man, all of the issues confirm my typical practice of waiting for OS updates. I just upgraded to Mojave a couple of weeks ago, it is really nice.

I’m having trouble with my Canoscan lide 200 scanner in DT3. It works in Image capture and shows up in the devices list in Devonthink but it will not scan and I get this error in the screenshot.

This is a known issue of Catalina, the next release will include a workaround. In the meantime you could send scans from Image Capture to DEVONthink.

Also, if you haven’t done OCR externally, you can use ​File > Import > Images (with OCR) ​to import scanned images.​

OK, Thanks. Sorry I “upgraded.”

Hi there
Once again … :slight_smile:
Is Calatina ok now? Are there still critical points? Which ones?
Thanks for your help
Manfred

Especially iCloud is still quite unreliable for many users (and not only our users).

Thank you very much for the quick answer. But apart from the iCloud-issues there are no other problems, are there? Then I would change now …

There’s still little bugs, even on 10.15.2; things like the calendar forgetting to display birthdays randomly, requiring me to change the appropriate setting for the 100th time. Mail opening without a visible window. Updates not installing via the App Store, because despite automatic updating being set, Catalina wants an admin password some of the time. A progress bar underneath the downloads folder which doesn’t go away. MS Office products taking 3 times as long to launch as they did previously. You know, that sort of buggy stuff. YMMV.