Is CloudKit the solution for DevonThink Sync?

I just read this article on Macworld.com. It explains the importance of CloudKit as Apple expands the features and usefulness of iCloud. Reading this, it struck me as something that might be a perfect fit for the solution to sync for DevonThink. I know that the sync thing has been under development for awhile with a new version of the mobile app, but CloudKit seems to be delivering what might be a very cost effective and robust solution, especially for smaller sized OSX and iOS developers.

Here is the article link: http://www.macworld.com/article/2455127/why-you-should-care-about-cloudkit.html

Any thoughts about this from Devon Technologies or others familiar with the upcoming CloudKit.

Thanks - Keene

It’s a possible option for syncing, but I implore Devon to not abandon its webDAV support for DTTG. Apple stores data on iCloud in encrypted format – but holds the decryption keys. I don’t think Apple is going to spy on my data, but they will obey orders of the U.S. government. I believe this is of concern to Germans as well; just ask Angela Merkel. I have my own webDAV server with encryption and like the security it provides.

i believe you are thinking of database sync between desktops or with a remote store. DEVONthink to Go does not support WebDAV.

Yes, I’m talking about the long-awaited DTTG 2.

DEVONthink encrypts its database and syncs through Dropbox securely. I’m fine with it doing the same thing through iCloud, if it is possible, though I suspect iOS is a more tricky beast for the decryption. I’m not sure what VoodooPad is up to on the back end, but they have managed 128-bit encryption through Dropbox (accessible on both the iPad and Mac), so it is at least possible and already exists in the wild.