Is devonthink right for me? If so, which version?

I have a collection of 19th century magazines (over a thousand pages). I’ve been digitizing them with my Snapscan SV600. I am not aware of a professional database that indexes this magazine title.

I would like to use this collection to translate excerpts, write articles, and interactive web applets.

Most of the articles I’m interested in build off of previous articles.I’ve been thinking that the best way to organize the complicated web of cross references (so that I can organize my republication of this trove, and buy the missing issues as they appear on a certain auction site) is to use a database.

At present, they are filed away in finder folders like so…
[attachment=0]Screen Shot 179.png[/attachment]

which is problematic for what I want to do

I own finereader pro, and I also use tesseract when the finereader automator plugins fail me-- which is regrettably often.

so, could Devon think help me construct the indices, concordances and mindmaps neccesary to comprehend this collection at a glance?

And does Deveonthink work with SVG files, cad files, and Scrivener files?

What are the limitations, in practice, of the various Devonthink versions? Can I rely on Finereader, instead of using the OCR in the Pro Office version?

(The scansnap sv600 is the contactless book scanner, in case you’re wondering)

Concordances can be made. Indicies would depend on the specific of the data and files, so it’s impossible to answer right now. DEVONthink does not do mindmapping.

Importing? Yes, but nothing more - with the exception of RTF files from Scrivener.

A comparison matrix can be found here: devontechnologies.com/produ … rison.html

Pro Office uses the ABBYY Finereader OCR engine, but yes, you could do OCR with a third-party app before importing.