Is there a way to do start a Devonthink search globally?

I am wondering if there’s a way to do a devonthink search even if it is not the front-most window?

Not through DEVONthink, but you can use DEVONsphere Express - devontechnologies.com/produc … press.html

Or if you use Alfred you can use this: alfredforum.com/topic/2265- … ersion-13/

I personally use both interchangeably, but DEVONsphere Express integrates a little better with DTPO.

Actually, if you have some text selected and the Service DEVONthink Pro: Lookup… enabled in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services > Text, there’s a good chance it will launch a search in DEVONthink with the selected text.

After being a long-term user of DEVONagent and DEVONthIink Pro Office I cannot understand why have I not downloaded DEVONsphere Express before! I have just had a look at it and am sure that it will be a valuable addition to my tool set, bought it immediately!

Thanks gys for another great app :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(Retina support in DEVONSphere would be a welcomed update though! :smiley: I know the DEVON folks will get around to it when they can and of course, this has little impact on functionality, and the functionality is top-notch!)