Is there a way to restrict the Go → To Group.... Search Box to a specific database?

I often use the DevonThink HotKey to Go → To Group… Search Box → enter search term menu item.

My problem is that I have multiple databases which contains groups with similar or identical names. Using Go → To Group… Search Box → enter search term menu item then forces me to scroll through many results in all my databases, when in fact I am only interested in going to a group within a specific database.

I know that I can do this using the conventional search mechanism, but I very much like the ⌃⌘G shortcut with the small search box and the listing of all groups underneath.

thanks in advance for your time and help

This isn’t possible. But the next release will add support for aliases to this popover, therefore you could add more unique aliases to groups having the same or similar names.

1 Like

thank you Christian. Alias is a great idea

Please consider adding the list of favorites at the top.
In terms of current day workflow, it is perhaps simpler and faster to add a group to favorites rather than creating an alias for temporary issues. Aliases are very useful for the longer term.
thank you

1 Like

+ 1

1 Like

thank you