Issues reinstalling DTTG

Hi all,

I’m attempting to reinstall DTTG on a new phone after deleting it from my old one before switching over. The Dropbox sync to my database seems sound, both the .dtCloud and Global Inbox are turned on within the app. The web clipper also appears to be working. Unfortunately my actual database has not shown up yet. I set this up a few days ago and have tried leaving the phone on with the app in the forefront overnight. It’s a 27GB database so perhaps it takes some time. However, I just wanted to see whether what I am experiencing is normal, and if there’s anything else I might be able to do. Thanks as always for any guidance you can provide.

P.S., I’m running DT3, macOS Catalina, and IOS 13

Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, touch it. What does it report?

Unfortunately no triangle. Also, small correction: While the web clipper clips to the app, clippings do not sync to the Mac. I’ve tried restarting both devices but no luck. Happy to try whatever else might work!

Whoops, just realized my mistake. In the app I entered the name of my database rather than my sync store (didn’t know the right name until I poked around Dropbox). The sync began as soon as I entered the right name. Going to be a long night of downloading! Many thanks for your help as always @BLUEFROG.

You’re very welcome :slight_smile: