Italics Command

I’m a Notes user and am previewing Think-Personal in order to move up to Think. In Notes I could hit “Command-I” for italics, but in Think the italics command is grayed-out in the Format/Style menu and the keyboard command doesn’t work. What’s up with that?

I searched in this forum for “italics” and see that a number of others have had this same problem, but in the posts I reviewed I never saw an explanation or solution mentioned.

Has this “italics” issue been resolved? (I’m using Think-Personal 2.0 beta)

Any help appreciated.

williamk

What font are you using? Some fonts don’t have italics.

I have all the normal character formatting in DT Pro Office 2.0 pb5, including italics in Times.

[quote=“Bill_DeVille”]
What font are you using? Some fonts don’t have italics.

Thanks for the reply, Bill. I’m using Times which does have an italic face. In reading further on previous posts on this issue I came across the suggestion to restart Think, which I did and the italics appeared. Of course, I had started-restarted Think a couple of times prior to the italics not working, but for the moment it’s working. I’ll see how it goes. I never had the problem at all in Notes.

I’ve seen one or two reports like yours, but in all the years I’ve been using DEVONthink I’ve never had it happen to me. :slight_smile:

You may want to use one of the maintenance tools to clear your font cache. Something like this happened to me in Mail once and clearing this cache saved the day.