Item link of document inside document itself

I have been playing around with possible workflows using DT3, and I have been wondering if there is any problem with putting the item link of a document actually inside the text of the document itself (e.g. at the bottom of an RTF file).

What I am thinking is that I might open a file, realise that I need to link to it, and it might be quicker to just copy the link from the text in front of me, rather than using the hotkey or menu item in DT3. If I had opened such a file in an external editor it would save switching back to DT3 to get the link.

Just a thought. I wondered if it is feasible or advisable.

That’s fully supported. E.g. the commands Tools > Create Table of Contents or Tools > Summarize Highlights create rich text documents containing item links.

What I am thinking is that I might open a file, realise that I need to link to it

Can you clarify this… open a file externally or…?

I was really thinking of those occasions when I open a file in an external editor. But I’m still trying to imagine what the workflow might look like. A few things are changing in the way I’m doing my work (I think I’m likely to use Tinderbox a lot more).

You could say that I can only clarify to a limited extent because I don’t know what the heck I’m doing :slight_smile: yet …

Cheers.

1 Like

I don’t know what the heck I’m doing :slight_smile: yet

That’s an honest assessment. :slight_smile:

I’m a psychologist :crazy_face: I’m supposed to be able to understand human behaviour :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, but only other peoples’. Not your own :roll_eyes:
:stuck_out_tongue:

I just realized I can create links to specific paragraphs within markdown notes and wanted to say: thank you.

Are you referring to RTF’s Copy Paragraph Link?

I guess so… Yesterday I thought I had managed to copy a paragraph link in a MD file :cry: